Last night at the Met....
This year’s theme was a bit controversial especially for me being a catholic girl. None the less, some of these looks were very tastefully done and respect to the religion. These are a few of my favorite looks from last night's Gala.
1. T’Challa himself, Mr. Chadwick Boseman giving a a fashion thinking cardinal vibe in Versace.
2. Rihanna was one of this year’s co-chairs and stunned in a custom Maison Margiela Artisanal custom ensemble and let’s not forget that head piece.
3. Amal Clooney was also a co- chair of this year’s gala and a early arrival with her husband, Mr. George Clooney. She wore a breathtaking Richard Quinn creation that gave the “party on top and business on bottom” look.
4. Jasmine Sanders was in deed golden tonight in H&M. Her hair was adorned with red roses and beads that’s very reminiscent of a rosary bead.
5. Sza’s inaugural gala appearance did not fail in this light colored Versace gown.
6. Cassie and Diddy both wore custom Muiska Frere pant suits. Diddy was the light while Cassie was the dark. Did you see her shoes!!!!
7. Tracee Ellis Ross 95% of the time, Ms. Ross gets it right in my
book and tonight did not disappoint in the beautiful hue by Michael Kors.
8. Solange exudes creativity and tonight’s look was just that. She stunned in an black latex type ensemble by Iris van Herpen paired with a headpiece that was adhered to a durag. How can you not love her style?! She always does it for the culture.
9. Anna Wintour, the Grand Dame herself wore a beautiful white, floor length gown by Chanel paired with a long cross necklace. The editor in-chief of Vogue had an Angelic look for the evening.
10. Olivia Munn was a golden beauty on the red carpe. She glowed in a golden H&M gown with a gold link headpiece.
11. Winnie Harlow looked amazing in this white
gown by Tommy Hilfiger. This look gave a very peaceful and serene feel.
12. Gabrielle Union was breathtaking in a canary yellow gown by Prabal Gurung.
13. Jennifer Lopez stunned in this Balmain
gown and her date, Alex Rodriguez looked great standing along side this beautiful. This is a couple that compliments each other very well.
14. Kate Bosworth looked like a Catholic bride which gave me a Grace Kelly vibe. Nonetheless, she looked beautiful in this gown by Oscar de la Renta.
15. Selena Gomez wore a Coach design that was simply gorgeous. What more can I say?!
16. Cardi B wore a custom Moschino design with headpiece to match while being accompanied by creative director of Moschino, Jeremy Scott. The pair matched for the evening as they dropped jaws of those around them.
17. Priyanka Chopra was one of my top looks from last night. The deep, richness of this gown by Ralph Lauren pairs with the headpiece left me in absolute awe.
18. Blake Lively’s look was another top of mine. Her gown reminded me of the windows in the Catholic Church I grew up in with the rich colors and beautiful train. She definitely stunned ih this Atelier Versace.
19. Amber Heard’s look last night was simple yet elegant with a design by Carolina Herrera.
20. Jourdan Dunn wore an all white ensemble by DVF that was a level of sophistication that I did not deserve last night.
21. Donald Glover/ Childish Gambino wore a look by Gucci
after dropping one of this year’s most thought provoking videos “America”.
22. Daniel Kaluuya has been taking his place on the fashion scene and continued last night with a powdered blue suit by Prada.
23. Rita Ora’s looked great in the black ensemble by Prada. Her red carpet looks just keeps getting better.
24. Zendaya’s look was very reminiscent of knight hood in this custom Versace piece. Did anyone else get Joan of Arc with this look?
25. Ashley Graham appearance on the red carpet did not disappoint. She stunned in gold by Prabal Gurung.
26. Yara Shahidi graced this year’s red carpet in Chanel. She seems to be the new “It Girl” but she’s so much more than that. Can you say... brains and beauty. She is definitely an example for young girls.
27. Issa Rae wore a black piece by Michael Kors. The dress, the hair, the smile... how can you not love.
28. Janelle Monae looked amazing in a black/white ensemble by Marc Jacobs.
29. Kerry Washington was a golden goddess in Ralph Lauren.. I absolutely loved her blown out afro!!!
30. Lili Reinhart gave a goddess vibe in thus mini dress by H&M.
31. Gigi Hadid wore a gorgeous gown by Versace.
32. Mary J Blige has never Met a boot she didn’t like and last night was no different. Her look was created by Versace.
33. Nick Jonas showed up with a slick look designed by
Dolce & Gabbana.